Hall Green Ward, in the Southern part of the City, includes Hall Green Greyhound Stadium, South Birmingham College and Sarehole Mill. It is part of the Parliamentary Constituency of Hall Green.There are a number of shops on the Stratford Road and easy access to the city centre.
Hall Green dates back to 1562 (Hawe Green) taking its name from the medieval family whose moated hall stood at the junction of School Road and Fox Hollies Road near the green or common pasture. Hall Green Church is one of a few of Birmingham's 18th-century town churches, dates back to 1703.
Hall Green is a mainly residential area in the South East of Birmingham on the edge of the city's boundary with Solihull; it has quick transport links to the city with a train station at Hall Green and many bus routes.
Local schools include Hall Green Infant, Primary and Junior Schools; St Ambrose-Barlow Catholic School; Hall Green Secondary School; Chilcote Primary School; Robin Hood School; Yorkmead School and Lakey Lane Junior and Infants.
There are numerous sporting activities in and around the area including a Tennis Club, various golf clubs the closest being Robin Hood Golf course and a Bowling Club at Sherwood .