Sheldon is an area in the eastern part of Birmingham, close to the border with the Borough of Solihull and Birmingham International Airport.
It is likely that Sheldon village dates back to the mid 13th Century following a migration of people form Machitone (now known as Mackadown), a Saxon Settlement mentioned in the Domesday Book.
The name Sheldon derives from the de Scheldon family, a Lord of Machitone in 1220.
Sheldon remained a small agricultural village up until early the early 1930’s when it became incorporated into Birmingham resulting in rapid residential and commercial development.
Today Sheldon is served by many shops and businesses situated along the A45, Coventry Road, which runs from Birmingham City Centre through Coventry and beyond.